Thursday, February 28, 2008

*small and simple things*

So today wasn't the best day. The kids stayed up late last night (big mistake) and were just plain awful all day long. They would probably make the same statement about me. We were all taking a ride on the mood swinger express-- anyhow.

I am sitting at the table kind of speaking half aloud/half in my head "I need to drink some water." A few minutes later a small "Go Diego Go" plastic cup is set in front of me with water in it. and ice. I look up and there is Sammy with a half smile on his face. "I thought you'd like the ice." I gave that little boy the hug of his life. I don't know if that has ever happened before with my children. He did something for me... because he wanted to. It made me cry.

10 comments:

Erica Bass said...

That is such a cute boy. He can be so helpful! But it is so nice when when they do it on their own. As they get older they do it more and more.

Elisa said...

You are a great mom, you made great kids! Congrats to you and Jared!

TamBaum said...

OK, miss moody. You are totally pregnant!

Tony, Rachel, Siena & Emeri said...

Can we please arrange a marriage with ONE of my girls??? He is such a sweet boy! I miss you all.

cariesthoughts said...

Wow! that is the cutest thing ever! What a cute lil boy!

fünf said...

I am totally moody-- and pregnant. My poor family. I'll be back to normal in what... 6 months?

Hawaii Monkeys said...

so cute! I love Sam.

jessicalangprice said...

Awww!! How sweet. And especially sweet because of your rotten day. He's going to be like his mommy I think. :)

Frampton Family said...

Aww, good ol' pregnancy. One minute you're biting your families heads off. And the next minute you're crying from something so sweet. Sam is such a sweetheart!

Kristi said...

Sweet little boy! You are very blessed:)